Tuesday, July 19, 2016

#Seeing_

Seeing this training session -- at the former Minister of Culture Patriarch Chheng Phon's Prek Ho cultural center -- under the worldwide known Khmer-American Choreographer Sophiline Cheam Shapiro, and meeting her at the Nou Hach Annual Seminar at the Cambodia-Japan Cooperation Center last Saturday 12, 2014, remind me of the past. She is Lokta Chheng Phon's niece and an accomplished artist before moving to the States.
That's why watching her presentation did inspire me to resume my dreams of writing a story to be titled "Neang Achchara [Celestial Dancer]."
I also remember that in 1982 when Lokta Chheng Phon was the Minister of Culture and Fine Arts, he told Mr. Tek Kim Srang, one of my acquaintances to ask me by two times to work with, or under, him (Chheng Phon) at the ministry. But I didn't go out of my physical difficulty.
Wish him longevity and health!
Puthpong Sao សៅរ៍ ពុធពង្ស

No comments:

Post a Comment