Tuesday, March 22, 2016

ON WAY TO PHYSICAL REHAP: HOPE OR ITS OPPOSITE?

ON WAY TO PHYSICAL REHAP: HOPE OR ITS OPPOSITE?

 The answer seems unpredictable, though perceivable as more pessimistic. This photo was taken on Thursday last week, when the man in charge of the CSC physiotherapy told me bluntly that I was to be released home that day, even in much pains and unable to sit on wheelchair.

Hearing those words I couldn't help weeping unashamedly because it meant "my hopelessness" -- WALKING WITH NO LEAST PAINS into the centre and being sent out home in pains and unable to walk.

 It was just a day before two American friends Dr. Theresa de Langis and Chath Piersath visited me and talked in person to the man when Dr. Jim, director of the centre was not available then.

A kind nurse catching me taken in this pic asked me "Teacher want to post the photo on Facebook?" I said "Yep, trying to find other potential ways to help myself." Seeing me in uncontrolled tears, he asked again "Are you crying 'coz of being sent home?" "Nope," I replied adding "I much regret of of my big mistake to come here -- WALKING IN WITH NO PAINS -- to have undergone an erroneous surgery that means 'catastrophic' to my whole family."

And last Wednesday, I was told I'd be released home before the upcoming Khmer New Year. Another nurse told me all the patients would be dismissed to their respective home before the Cambodian National Holiday (for two weeks) and some would be called back on April 24. But it seems that my name might Not in the call-back.list.

My thanks go to Dr. Theresa and brother Piersath who on Friday March 13, visited and took me to their talk -- first, in their hope to meet Dr. Jim but he was unable that day and the man of physiotherapy took his boss's place.

Dr. Theresa and Chath- managed to get his promise "Not to send [me] home before [I] can sit and move PAINLESSLY into a wheelchair and bathroom [myself]"

Thank brother Chath for giving me a Statue of Buddha to pray and keep up hope

Now, yet I cannot sit, stand ... and has the slightest hope to recover to the pre-operation conditions -- before the February 12 surgery, WITH NO LEAST PAINS AT ALL I could stand, walk, climb up my 2-floor flat/apartment myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment